New installation of 8.0 Beta1 Failed to create process for initdb: 1385 - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Chris Means
Subject New installation of 8.0 Beta1 Failed to create process for initdb: 1385
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Hi,

Saw the new Beta of PostgreSQL had a Windows installer, so I took a stab at
it.

My machine is running Windows XP on a Dell 2GHz 512MB RAM laptop.

I ran the postgresql-8.0-beta1-20040809.msi installer.

I went with the defaults for what to install.

I told the installer to create the Service.  Received confirmation dialogs
that the new user id was created, it used an autogenerated password.

Everything looked good right up to the very end (the progress bar was full
or just about full), then got the following error:

"Failed to create process for initdb: 1385"

And it rolled back everything...that was nice <g>.

If it was able to create the NT Service, I'd assume that meant that I had
enough rights to get everything installed correctly.

The "C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.0-beta1" folder is still there, an empty
"data" folder below that, and a "tmp" folder that has an initdb.bat, and
initdb.pwd file.

The PWD file has the password I assigned to the superuser:  postgres

Any ideas what's wrong?

Are there log files anywhere for me to look at?

Thanks.

-Chris