Re: 8.0.3 build error on Mac OS X 10.4 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: 8.0.3 build error on Mac OS X 10.4
Date
List pgsql-general
OpenMacNews <OpenMacNews@speakeasy.net> writes:
>> The short answer seems to be "when you update to 10.4, don't forget to
>> update to Xcode 2 as well".

> does it make sense to have configure check for min req'ts of xcode2 if os >=
> v10.4?

No, I don't think so.  There is such an astonishing variety of ways to
break your system, on so many different platforms, that we cannot hope
to check them all.  If this failure were Postgres-specific then yes,
but the previous report is that it breaks lots of things.

            regards, tom lane