Re: CVS corruption/mistagging? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: CVS corruption/mistagging?
Date
Re: CVS corruption/mistagging?  (Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net>)
Re: CVS corruption/mistagging?  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
List pgsql-hackers
> So I'd say your strategy looks good - backup and remove the  phony tag.
> I'd also say we should probably be logging tag commands in taginfo.
> Presumably we mere mortal committers should not be doing any tagging
> whatsoever, and tags should only be applied in preparation for releases.

+1 ... we should at least log such commands, and maybe disallow to anyone
except Marc's "pgsql" account.  Particularly since they don't get
reported in pgsql-committers messages (or is that something we
can/should change?)

Meanwhile, is there anyone around who can either (1) tar up the
repository directory tree as root, or (2) confirm that a tarball
made by a non-root committer is sufficient?