Re: Allow tests to pass in OpenSSL FIPS mode - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Allow tests to pass in OpenSSL FIPS mode
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Probably not this thread's fault, but following the breadcrumbs to the
> last thread to touch the relevant test lines in
> authentication/001_password, is it expected that we have these
> warnings?

> psql:<stdin>:1: WARNING:  roles created by regression test cases
> should have names starting with "regress_"

I think the policy is that we enforce that for cases reachable
via "make installcheck" (to avoid possibly clobbering global
objects in a live installation), but not for cases only reachable
via "make check", such as TAP tests.  So I'm not that concerned
about this, although if someone is feeling anal enough to rename
the test role I won't stand in the way.