Re: Full GUID support - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Full GUID support
Date
List pgsql-hackers
"David E. Wheeler" <david@kineticode.com> writes:
> On Jul 12, 2011, at 1:40 PM, ktm@rice.edu wrote:
>> That is why I think having the UUID generators be a contrib module
>> is the correct place for them to be, but the UUID type is better as
>> a core function.

> I'm okay with this, though given the fact that ftp.ossp.org has been
> down for *months*,

Curious considering that the machine is there (responds to ping), and
the ossp.org webserver works fine.  Has anyone bugged the owner about
that?

> I'm inclined to think that we ought to include it in the contrib distribution for easy linking.

I'm disinclined to do anything that might amount to forking the library,
or even looking like we wanted to take responsibility for it.