Re: [Fwd: [BUGS] BUG #2560: Web page documentation hard - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [Fwd: [BUGS] BUG #2560: Web page documentation hard
Date
List pgsql-www
"Dave Page" <dpage@vale-housing.co.uk> writes:
>> But what strikes me is the idea of teaching the search engine not to
>> ignore stopwords that are marked as <indexterm>'s ...

> We tell it what to ignore, not the other way round. Besides, the problem as I understood it was that a search for
'IN'returns virtually every page (as one might expect) which is little help when looking for IN the keyword.

Right, so half of the problem is that IN should be considered a stopword
and isn't.  But after we fix that, it won't be found anywhere.  I
suggest that we want the search to find the pages on which IN (or any
other stopword) appears as an <indexterm>, and not elsewhere.

            regards, tom lane