Re: Extensions, this time with a patch - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Extensions, this time with a patch
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Dimitri Fontaine <dimitri@2ndQuadrant.fr> writes:
> Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> writes:
>> Only if the script is intentionally noisy.  The right fix here is
>> probably to bump up the min message level while running the script.

> You mean doing that from the SQL script itself (using SET) or in the
> pg_execute_from_file() code? My guess is the former, but...

You could argue that either way I guess.  The script knows what it
needs, but OTOH just about every extension there is will probably
be generating useless NOTICEs unless something is done, so maybe
the extension management code should take care of it for them.