Re: [HACKERS] TODO list - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [HACKERS] TODO list
Date
List pgsql-hackers
>> Does this mean the abstime/reltime types or all of them?  I thought the
>> former were deprecated anyway.

> abstime should probably be considered deprecated as a user type, but
> it is still used extensively internally and within the tuple
> structure. I'd be reluctant to wholesale replace it with
> timestamp/datetime, since that will take 8 bytes per value rather than
> 4.

I was meaning to ask you which of the date/time types are going to be
left standing when the dust settles.  (I know you've said, but the
archives are so messed up right now that I can't find it.)

Timestamp is the only remaining standard type without an array type,
and if it's not going to be deprecated then it ought to have one...