Re: port/snprintf.c (was Re: Numeric 508 datatype) - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: port/snprintf.c (was Re: Numeric 508 datatype)
Date
List pgsql-patches
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> Done ... let me know whether the back branches still pass regression
>> for you ;-)

> I checked back to 7.3 and everything passed. I did a cvs update,
> configure, gmake, and regression run for each branch.

[ digs a bit deeper... ]  Actually, it appears that that bug didn't
exist before 8.1; it was introduced here:

    * src/port/snprintf.c: Factor duplicate snprintf code into
    functions.

by an ill-considered removal of an unsigned local variable.

            regards, tom lane