Re: BUG #18377: Assert false in "partdesc->nparts >= pinfo->nparts", fileName="execPartition.c", lineNumber=1943 - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: BUG #18377: Assert false in "partdesc->nparts >= pinfo->nparts", fileName="execPartition.c", lineNumber=1943
Date
In response to Re: BUG #18377: Assert false in "partdesc->nparts >= pinfo->nparts", fileName="execPartition.c", lineNumber=1943  (Tender Wang <tndrwang@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-bugs
On 2024-Jun-24, Tender Wang wrote:

>  If we abstract the problem that this patch attempts to solve,it would try
> to find same elements on two arrays.
> The lengths of these two arrays are not guaranteed to be equal. In this
> issue, even though the lengths of two arrays
> is same, we can't assume the each element on two arrays is same.
>
> The algorithm used in patch is correct if I understand correctly.

Thanks for looking again.  I have finally pushed this.

"Aprender sin pensar es inútil; pensar sin aprender, peligroso" (Confucio)