Re: meson: Stop using deprecated way getting path of files - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andres Freund
Subject Re: meson: Stop using deprecated way getting path of files
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2023-11-29 13:11:23 -0600, Tristan Partin wrote:
> This looks good to me.

Cool.

> What is our limiting factor on bumping the minimum Meson version?

Old distro versions, particularly ones where the distro just has an older
python. It's one thing to require installing meson but quite another to also
require building python. There's some other ongoing discussion about
establishing the minimum baseline in a somewhat more, uh, formalized way:
https://postgr.es/m/CA%2BhUKGLhNs5geZaVNj2EJ79Dx9W8fyWUU3HxcpZy55sMGcY%3DiA%40mail.gmail.com

> While we are on the topic of Meson, it would be great if you could take a
> look at this thread[0], where I am trying to compile Postgres with
> -fsanitize=address,undefined (-Db_sanitize=address,undefined).

Done. Not sure it helps you much though :)

Greetings,

Andres Freund