Re: Document that server will start even if it's unable to open some TCP/IP ports - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Nathan Bossart
Subject Re: Document that server will start even if it's unable to open some TCP/IP ports
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Jun 12, 2023 at 11:57:45PM -0700, Gurjeet Singh wrote:
> Perhaps we can prefix that statement with "If listen_addresses is not
> empty", like so:

Before we spend too much time trying to document the current behavior, I
think we should see if we can change it to something less surprising (i.e.,
failing to start if the server fails for any address).  The original
objections around kernel support for IPv6 might no longer stand.

--
Nathan Bossart