Re: Move un-parenthesized syntax docs to "compatibility" for few SQL commands - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Nathan Bossart
Subject Re: Move un-parenthesized syntax docs to "compatibility" for few SQL commands
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Apr 21, 2023 at 06:29:16PM -0400, Melanie Plageman wrote:
> Over in [2], it was suggested that moving the un-parenthesized syntax to
> the "Compatibility" section of their respective docs pages would be
> okay. Patch attached.

I think that's reasonable.

> I left out CLUSTER since that syntax change is so new.

I think it'd be okay to move this one, too.  The parenthesized syntax has
been available since v14, and I suspect CLUSTER isn't terribly widely used,
anyway.  (Side note: it looks like "CLUSTER (VERBOSE)" doesn't work, which
seems weird to me.)

Most of these commands have an existing note about the deprecated syntax.
Could those be removed with this change?

--
Nathan Bossart