Re: Should vacuum process config file reload more often - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Kyotaro Horiguchi
Subject Re: Should vacuum process config file reload more often
Date
Re: Should vacuum process config file reload more often  (Kyotaro Horiguchi <horikyota.ntt@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
At Wed, 29 Mar 2023 12:09:08 +0900 (JST), Kyotaro Horiguchi <horikyota.ntt@gmail.com> wrote in
> timeing perfectly. I think we might accidentally add a reload
> timing. In that case, the assumption could break. In most cases, I
> think we use snapshotting in various ways to avoid unintended variable
> changes. (And I beilieve the analyze code also does that.)

Okay, I was missing the following code.

autovacuum.c:2893
        /*
         * If any of the cost delay parameters has been set individually for
         * this table, disable the balancing algorithm.
         */
        tab->at_dobalance =
            !(avopts && (avopts->vacuum_cost_limit > 0 ||
                         avopts->vacuum_cost_delay > 0));

So, sorry for the noise. I'll review it while this into cnosideration.

regards.

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi
NTT Open Source Software Center