Re: Save a few bytes in pg_attribute - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andres Freund
Subject Re: Save a few bytes in pg_attribute
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2023-03-20 10:37:36 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> I agree that attinhcount could be narrowed, but I have some concern
> about attstattarget.  IIRC, the limit on attstattarget was once 1000
> and then we raised it to 10000.  Is it inconceivable that we might
> want to raise it to 100000 someday?

Hard to believe that'd happen in a minor version - and I don't think there'd
an issue with widening it again in a major version?

I doubt we'll ever go to 100k without a major redesign of stats storage/access
- the size of the stats datums would make that pretty impractical right now.

Greetings,

Andres Freund