Re: pgsql: Add standard collation UNICODE - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Andres Freund
Subject Re: pgsql: Add standard collation UNICODE
Date
Re: pgsql: Add standard collation UNICODE  (Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net>)
List pgsql-committers
Hi,

On 2023-03-11 10:20:33 -0800, Jeff Davis wrote:
> On Sat, 2023-03-11 at 08:31 -0500, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
> > >
> > It's fairly old:
> >
> > $ rpm -q -a | grep icu
> >  libicu-50.2-4.0.amzn1.x86_64
> >  libicu-devel-50.2-4.0.amzn1.x86_64
>
> FWIW I tried ICU 50.2 (built from sources) and the root locale still
> sorts lowercase first.

On one my hacking-on-meson-build trees ([1]) I saw the problem in CI, on
centos-7. In case you want a way to reproduce the issue. You can merge that
tree into a throway tree, none of the changes should affect your work. You can
even log into the machine if it's on your repo ("re-run with terminal
access"), if you want to figure out the details.

https://cirrus-ci.com/task/6015098225950720
https://api.cirrus-ci.com/v1/artifact/task/6015098225950720/testrun/build/testrun/regress/regress/regression.diffs

Centos 8, fedora rawhide, suse tumbleweed are all OK though.

Greetings,

Andres Freund

[1] https://github.com/anarazel/postgres/tree/meson-ci-debug