Re: BUG #17747: Registry entry "Base Directory" is not populated if you only install Command-line tools - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Julien Rouhaud
Subject Re: BUG #17747: Registry entry "Base Directory" is not populated if you only install Command-line tools
Date
In response to BUG #17747: Registry entry "Base Directory" is not populated if you only install Command-line tools  (PG Bug reporting form <noreply@postgresql.org>)
List pgsql-bugs
Hi,

On Wed, Jan 11, 2023 at 11:37:25PM +0000, PG Bug reporting form wrote:

> Our environment launches psql.exe via an intermediary application which
> locates it by scanning the registry.
>
> When a full installation of PostgreSQL is present, the
> HKLM\SOFTWARE\PostgreSQL\Installations\postgresql-x64-14\Base Directory
> value can be retrieved and the full path to psql.exe determined.
>
> If a command-line-tools-only installation was used, this registry value is
> not populated.

Installers are handled outside of the project.  I believe this is EDB
installer, so this is something you will have to address directly with them (or
with the company that produces the installer you're using).