Re: Wiki editor request - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Wiki editor request
Date
List pgsql-www
On 2022-Nov-16, Reed Loden wrote:

> I would like editor access to the wiki. My username is `reed`, and I would
> like to modify https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Apt to change "
> http://apt.postgresql.org" to "https://apt.postgresql.org".

Cool.  I have expedited your cool-off period; please log in to the wiki
once, which creates the account there, and then we can grant editor privs.

> HTTPS is supported, and there's no reason not to default to it.
> https://blog.packagecloud.io/attacks-against-gpg-signed-apt-repositories/
> provides multiple reasons why TLS should always be used, in addition to GPG.

"In fact, the basic problem with Perl 5's subroutines is that they're not
crufty enough, so the cruft leaks out into user-defined code instead, by
the Conservation of Cruft Principle."  (Larry Wall, Apocalypse 6)