Re: Postgres 15 upgrades and template1 public schema - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Bruno Wolff III
Subject Re: Postgres 15 upgrades and template1 public schema
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wed, Oct 19, 2022 at 19:59:52 -0400,
  Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

>The release notes could probably use some tweaking here.  It looks to
>me like pg_dumpall (and hence pg_upgrade) will adjust the ownership and
>permissions of template1's public schema to match what was in the old
>installation, but it doesn't touch template0.  Hence, whether a
>"newly-created database in an existing cluster" has the old or new
>properties of the public schema will depend on whether you clone it
>from template1 or template0.  That definitely needs explained, and
>maybe we should recommend that DBAs consider manually changing
>what's in template1.

I didn't see any changes related to this in the first draft of the 15.1
release notes. Since I got the impression from the above that there
might be a change, I'm sending this as a reminder.