Re: psql: Add command to use extended query protocol - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Justin Pryzby
Subject Re: psql: Add command to use extended query protocol
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Oct 28, 2022 at 08:52:51AM +0200, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Perhaps this would also be useful for general psql scripting.

+1

It makes great sense to that psql would support it (I've suggested to a
few people over the last few years to do that using pygres, lacking an
easier way).

I wondered briefly if normal \g should change to use the extended
protocol.  But there ought to be a way to do both/either, so it's better
how you wrote it.

On Fri, Oct 28, 2022 at 04:07:31PM +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
> +1.  As far as I recall, we now have only ECPG to rely on when it
> comes to coverage of the extended query protocol, but even that has
> its limits.  (Haven't looked at the patch)

And pgbench (see 1ea396362)

--
Justin