Re: Standby recovers records from wrong timeline - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Kyotaro Horiguchi
Subject Re: Standby recovers records from wrong timeline
Date
List pgsql-hackers
At Thu, 20 Oct 2022 14:44:40 +0300, Ants Aasma <ants@cybertec.at> wrote in
> My understanding is that backup archives are supposed to remain valid
> even after PITR or equivalently a lagging standby promoting.

Sorry, I was dim because of maybe catching a cold:p

On second thought. everything works fine if the first segment of the
new timeline is archived in this case. So the problem here is whether
recovery should wait for a known new timline when no segment on the
new timeline is available yet.  As you say, I think it is sensible
that recovery waits at the divergence LSN for the first segment on the
new timeline before proceeding on the same timeline.

regards.

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi
NTT Open Source Software Center