Re: Use -fvisibility=hidden for shared libraries - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andres Freund
Subject Re: Use -fvisibility=hidden for shared libraries
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2022-09-01 14:19:35 -0700, Andres Freund wrote:
> Here's an updated patch for this (also shared recently on another thread).

I've since then committed this.

I was reminded of this when thinking about
https://postgr.es/m/1595488.1665869988%40sss.pgh.pa.us

Thinking about this made me realize that we currently don't expose
-fvisibility=hidden via pg_config. It's added to extensions built via PGXS,
via Makefile.global, but that doesn't help extensions that don't want to use
PGXS.

I guess we should report the CFLAGS_SL_MODULE etc via pg_config?

Greetings,

Andres Freund