Re: Documentation building fails on HTTPS redirect (again) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andres Freund
Subject Re: Documentation building fails on HTTPS redirect (again)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2022-09-30 11:35:36 +0200, Daniel Gustafsson wrote:
> Installing the stylesheets locally as we document solves the issue of course,
> but maybe it's time to move to using --nonet as we discussed in [0] and require
> the stylesheets locally?  It's a shame that casual contributions require a big
> investment in installation, but it seems hard to get around.

docbooks-xml and docbooks-xsl aren't that big (adding 8MB to a minimal debian
install).

However a) we document installing fop as well, even though it's not needed for
the html docs build b) the dependencies recommended by the debian packages
increase the size a lot. Just using our documented line ends up with 550MB.

Perhaps separating out fop and using --no-install-recommends (and other
similar flags) makes it less of an issue?  We probably should work to deliver
a more usable error than what just using --nonet gives you...

Greetings,

Andres Freund