Re: [RFC] building postgres with meson - v13 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: [RFC] building postgres with meson - v13
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 2022-Sep-22, Tom Lane wrote:

> Ah, right, the joys of maintaining multiple build systems.  I wonder
> if there's any way to avoid that by scraping file lists from one
> group to the other.

Or maybe we could have a file common to both, say OBJS, which both
scrape in their own way.  That could be easier than one scraping the
other.

> We got a little spoiled perhaps by the MSVC scripts managing to do
> that in most cases.

Right ... and it was so annoying in the cases it couldn't.

"Aprender sin pensar es inútil; pensar sin aprender, peligroso" (Confucio)