Re: Bump MIN_WINNT to 0x0600 (Vista) as minimal runtime in 16~ - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Justin Pryzby
Subject Re: Bump MIN_WINNT to 0x0600 (Vista) as minimal runtime in 16~
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Sep 11, 2022 at 09:28:54AM +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 09, 2022 at 08:11:09PM +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
> > Based on what I can see, the Windows animals seem to have digested
> > 47bd0b3 (cygwin, MinGW and MSVC), so I think that we are good.
>
> The last part that's worth adjusting is ldap_start_tls_sA(), which
> would lead to the attached simplification.  The MinGW headers list
> this routine, so like the previous change I think that it should be
> safe for such builds.
>
> Looking at the buildfarm animals, bowerbird, jacana, fairywren,
> lorikeet and drongo disable ldap.  hamerkop is the only member that
> provides coverage for it, still that's a MSVC build.
>
> The CI provides coverage for ldap as it is enabled by default and
> windows_build_config.pl does not tell otherwise, but with the existing
> animals we don't have ldap coverage under MinGW.
>
> Anyway, I'd like to apply the attached, and I don't quite see why it
> would not work after 47bd0b3 under MinGW.  Any thoughts?

There's a CF entry to add it, and I launched it with your patch.
(This is in a branch which already has that, and also does a few other
things differently).

https://cirrus-ci.com/task/6302833585684480

[02:07:57.497] checking whether to build with LDAP support... yes

It compiles, which is probably all that matters, and eventually skips
the test anyway.

[02:23:18.209] [02:23:18] c:/cirrus/src/test/ldap/t/001_auth.pl ..  skipped: ldap tests not supported on MSWin32 or
dependenciesnot installed

--
Justin