Re: configure --with-uuid=bsd fails on NetBSD - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andres Freund
Subject Re: configure --with-uuid=bsd fails on NetBSD
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2022-09-09 12:48:38 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> Pushed with those changes and doc updates.  I did not push the
> variant expected-file.  I think the entire point here is that
> we are *not* deeming the new NetBSD implementation acceptable,
> so allowing it to pass regression tests is the wrong thing.

What do we gain from the regression test failing exactly this way, given that
we know it's a problem? It just makes it harder to run tests. How about we add
it as variant file, but via the resultmap mechanism? That way we wouldn't
silently accept the same bug on other platforms, but can still run the test
without needing to manually filter out bogus netbsd results?

Greetings,

Andres Freund