Re: PostgreSQL package download for Solaris 11.4 - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Julien Rouhaud
Subject Re: PostgreSQL package download for Solaris 11.4
Date
List pgsql-www
Hi,

On Mon, Aug 22, 2022 at 02:53:12PM -0700, Adrian Klaver wrote:
> On 8/22/22 14:29, Jonathan S. Katz wrote:
> > On 8/15/22 5:37 AM, Marcel Hofstetter wrote:
> >
> > > We would like to make it easier for Solaris users
> > > to use PostgreSQL.
> >

> > > Would be nice if you could add this link to
> > > https://www.postgresql.org/download/solaris/
> >
> > Personally (and stated in earlier threads) I am not a fan of linking
> > offsite to downloads. If you wanted to make the downloads available on
> > community infrastructure, I could get behind that.
>
> Since as of now only this:
>
> https://www.postgresql.org/download/linux/
>
> has links that stay on site I'm saying the ship has sailed on that.

+1

Also, I don't think it's fair to complain about the javascript part.  While I
agree it's laughable that it's now apparently impossible to find a page that
displays text or links without millions of lines code of javascript, EDB is
AFAICS currently exactly doing that.  On my browser (which always runs with
javascript disabled), I see
https://www.enterprisedb.com/downloads/postgres-postgresql-downloads is
yielding "Not supported" for all major versions on Windows.