Re: postgis for beta releases - Mailing list pgsql-pkg-yum

From Justin Pryzby
Subject Re: postgis for beta releases
Date
Re: postgis for beta releases
List pgsql-pkg-yum
On Wed, Jul 13, 2022 at 03:09:02PM +0100, Devrim Gündüz wrote:
> Hi Justin,
>
> On Mon, 2022-07-11 at 12:47 -0500, Justin Pryzby wrote:
> > On Thu, May 19, 2022 at 11:16:01AM -0500, Justin Pryzby wrote:
> > > I'm not sure if it's too early to ask, but would you consider
> > > building postgis
> > > for pg15b1 ?
> >
> > On Thu, May 19, 2022 at 11:16:01AM -0500, Justin Pryzby wrote:
> > > Also, it looks like there's no entry in the yum repo file for
> > > pgdg15-updates-testing-debuginfo.
> >
> > Checking back about these parts.
>
> Done.

Thanks.  Few things:

I don't know if the updated repo package with debuginfo is pushed (for rh7).
I just had to manually add the pg15 debuginfo repo.

Also, I think the beta packages should be built with -Og rather than -O2.
cassert will make it slower than debug would make it faster anyway.

Also, I think that postgis32 should be built for pg15.  This allows installing
the same package for both old and new postgres versions before doing
pg_upgrade.

--
Justin