Re: shadow variables - pg15 edition - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Justin Pryzby
Subject Re: shadow variables - pg15 edition
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Aug 18, 2022 at 03:17:33PM +1200, David Rowley wrote:
> I'm probably not the only committer to want to run a mile when they
> see someone posting 17 or 26 patches in an email. So maybe "bang for
> buck" is a better method for getting the ball rolling here.  As you
> know, I was recently bitten by local shadows in af7d270dd, so I do
> believe in the cause.
>
> What do you think?

You already fixed the shadow var introduced in master/pg16, and I sent patches
for the shadow vars added in pg15 (marked as such and presented as 001-008), so
perhaps it's okay to start with that ?

BTW, one of the remaining warnings seems to be another buglet, which I'll write
about at a later date.

--
Justin