From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: make update-po@master stops at pg_upgrade
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 2022-Jul-28, Tom Lane wrote:

> Thanks for testing it.  I think the only remaining concern is
> Peter's objection that $(wildcard) might pick up random junk files
> that end in ".c".  That's true, but the backend's nls.mk also
> picks up everything matching "*.c" (over the whole backend tree,
> not just one directory!),

Now that I did the translation chores again after a few years I am
reminded of a point about this argument:  in reality, few people ever
run this recipe manually (I know I never do), because it's easier to
grab the already-merged files from the NLS website.  It all happens
mechanically and there's nobody leaving random junnk files.

"El que vive para el futuro es un iluso, y el que vive para el pasado,
un imbécil" (Luis Adler, "Los tripulantes de la noche")