Re: Weird mangling of a commit log entry in gitweb summary - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Julien Rouhaud
Subject Re: Weird mangling of a commit log entry in gitweb summary
Date
List pgsql-www
Hi,

On Sat, Aug 06, 2022 at 01:22:38PM +0200, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 6, 2022 at 6:24 AM Julien Rouhaud <rjuju123@gmail.com> wrote:
> >

> > After some discussions it turned out that upstream doesn't have a gitweb
> > instance running anymore,
>
> That's interesting to know indeed. I thought they still had both. But
> I see now that git itself is purely on github, and the linux kernel
> seems to only use cgit.

Note that gitweb is still being actively maintained, so I'm assuming it's still
popular enough on repo of reasonable size.

> > so they preferred to remove the whole title
> > shortening block.  The patch just landed on the master branch (1) and should
> > be available in the next release.
> >
> > [1] https://github.com/git/git/commit/75707da4fa4105c174017d079786e5bba79a96f6
>
> It'll take a long time for that to trickle down to our install, but I
> think it's still worth just waiting for it instead of maintaining even
> a backpatch -- due to how little this has been a problem.

Agreed, we're now aware of it and know it's going to be eventually fixed on our
instance.