Re: standby recovery fails (tablespace related) (tentative patch and discussion) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: standby recovery fails (tablespace related) (tentative patch and discussion)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 2022-Jul-21, Thomas Munro wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 21, 2022 at 11:01 PM Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org> wrote:

> > I've got no opinions on this.  I don't like either 1 or 3, so I'm going
> > to add and backpatch a new GUC allow_recovery_tablespaces as the
> > override mechanism.
> >
> > If others disagree with this choice, please speak up.
>
> Would it help if we back-patched the allow_in_place_tablespaces stuff?
>  I'm not sure how hard/destabilising that would be, but I could take a
> look tomorrow.

Yeah, I think that would reduce cruft.  I'm not sure this is more
against backpatching policy or less, compared to adding a separate
GUC just for this bugfix.

"The problem with the facetime model is not just that it's demoralizing, but
that the people pretending to work interrupt the ones actually working."
                                                           (Paul Graham)