Re: Add function to return backup_label and tablespace_map - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Stephen Frost
Subject Re: Add function to return backup_label and tablespace_map
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Greetings,

* Fujii Masao (masao.fujii@oss.nttdata.com) wrote:
> On 2022/07/08 23:11, David Steele wrote:
> >Looks like I made that more complicated than it needed to be:
> >
> >select * from pg_backup_stop(...) \gset
> >\pset tuples_only on
> >\pset format unaligned
> >\o /backup_path/backup_label
> >select :'labelfile';
>
> Thanks! I had completely forgotten \gset command.

Seems like it might make sense to consider using a better format for
these files and also to allow us to more easily add things in the future
(ending LSN, ending time, etc) for backup tools to be able to leverage.
Perhaps we should change this to having just a single file returned,
instead of two, and use JSON for it, as a more general and extensible
format that we've already got code to work with..?

Thanks,

Stephen

Attachment