Re: Commitfest Update - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Julien Rouhaud
Subject Re: Commitfest Update
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Mar 30, 2022 at 02:41:26PM -0400, Greg Stark wrote:

> Patches that are Waiting on Author and haven't had activity in months
> -- traditionally they were set to Returned with Feedback. It seems the
> feeling these days is to not lose state on them and just move them to
> the next CF. I'm not sure that's wise, it ends up just filling up the
> list with patches nobody's working on.

+1 for closing such patches as Returned with Feedback, for the same reasons
Robert and Peter already stated.

Note that I already closed such CF entries during the last commitfest, so
hopefully there shouldn't be too much.  Last time I used "both Waiting on
Author and no activity from the author, since at least the 15th of the month"
as the threshold to close such patches (although I closed them at the beginning
of the next month), as it seems to be the usual (and informal) rule.