Re: New Object Access Type hooks - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andres Freund
Subject Re: New Object Access Type hooks
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2022-03-24 17:44:31 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> > On 3/24/22 16:59, Andres Freund wrote:
> >> I just rebased the meson tree (atop 75b1521dae1) and the test_oat_hooks test
> >> fail on windows with meson.
>
> > Even if you use NO_LOCALE=1/ENCODING=UTF8 as the Makefile now does?

I didn't do that, no. I guess I should have re-checked that in the makefile /
reread the commit message in more detail - although it really doesn't provide
a lot of that. That's, uh, some shoveling problems under the carpet.

I'll do that for now then.

> Note that that's basically a workaround for buggy placement of the
> OAT hooks, as per previous discussion.  I hope that we fix that bug
> pretty soon, so it shouldn't really be a factor for the meson conversion.

Yea. I found it's a lot easier to rebase the meson tree frequently rather than
do it in larger batches, so I just do so every few days...

Greetings,

Andres Freund