Re: Probable CF bot degradation - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Julien Rouhaud
Subject Re: Probable CF bot degradation
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Mar 20, 2022 at 01:58:01PM +0100, Matthias van de Meent wrote:

> I noticed that two of my patches (37/3543 and 37/3542) both failed due
> to a bad commit on master (076f4d9). The issue was fixed an hour later
> with b61e6214; but the pipeline for these patches hasn't run since.
> Because doing a no-op update would only clutter people's inboxes, I
> was waiting for CFBot to do its regular bitrot check; but that hasn't
> happened yet after 4 days.
> I understand that this is probably due to the high rate of new patch
> revisions that get priority in the queue; but that doesn't quite
> fulfill my want for information in this case.

Just in case, if you only want to know whether the cfbot would be happy with
your patches you can run the exact same checks using a personal github repo, as
documented at src/tools/ci/README.

You could also send the URL of a successful run on the related threads, or as
an annotation on the cf entries to let possible reviewers know that the patch
is still in a good shape even if the cfbot is currently still broken.