Re: Commitfest manager for 2022-03 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Justin Pryzby
Subject Re: Commitfest manager for 2022-03
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Feb 27, 2022 at 04:51:16PM +0800, Julien Rouhaud wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 26, 2022 at 06:37:21PM -0600, Justin Pryzby wrote:
> > Can I suggest to update the CF APP to allow:
> > | Target version: 16
> >
> > I also suggest to update patches to indicate which are (not) being considered
> > for v15.
>
> I don't really understand what that field is supposed to mean.

It can mean whatever we decide it's convenient for it to mean.  I suppose its
primary purpose may have been to indicate which backbranch a bugfix applies to
(?)

I find it useful to indicate whether or not a patch is intended to be
considered for the next release.  If a patch is targetting v15, it's more
interesting to review.

@Thomas Munro: I think it'd be useful if cfbot would also show 1) the "target
version" (if any); and, 2) whether a patch has a committer set.

--
Justin