Re: Proposal: Support custom authentication methods using hooks - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Stephen Frost
Subject Re: Proposal: Support custom authentication methods using hooks
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Greetings,

* Jeff Davis (pgsql@j-davis.com) wrote:
> On Wed, 2022-03-02 at 10:54 -0500, Stephen Frost wrote:
> > It's our decision what we want to support and maintain in the code
> > base
> > and what we don't.
>
> That might be an argument in favor of custom auth methods, because we
> could move built-in methods that we don't like into a contrib module
> that implements it as a custom auth method.

Feel like I already answered this but just to be clear- I don't view
that as actually addressing the issue since we'd still be maintaining
and distributing insecure auth methods.

Thanks,

Stephen

Attachment