Re: Commitfest 2022-03 Patch Triage Part 1a.i - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Julien Rouhaud
Subject Re: Commitfest 2022-03 Patch Triage Part 1a.i
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On Tue, Mar 01, 2022 at 11:16:36AM -0500, Greg Stark wrote:

> > 1608: schema variables, LET command
> > ===================================
> > After 18 CF's and two very long threads it seems to be nearing completion
> > judging by Tomas' review.  There is an ask in that review for a second pass
> > over the docs by a native speaker, any takers?
>
> Patch has a new name, "session variables, LET command"
>
> There's been a *lot* of work on this patch so I'm loath to bump it.
> The last review was from Julien Rouhaud which had mostly code style
> comments but it had one particular concern about using xact callback
> in core and about EOX cleanup.
>
> Pavel, do you have a plan to improve this or are you looking for
> suggestions from someone about how you should solve this problem?

There has indeed been a lot of work done on the patch during the last commit
fest, and Pavel always fixed all the reported issues promptly, which is why
apart from the EOX cleanup thing most of the last review was minor problems.

Pavel sent a new version today that address the EOX problem (and everything
else) so I'm now the one that needs to do my reviewer job (which I already
started).  I didn't get through all the changes yet but as far as I can
see the patch is in a very good shape.  I'm quite optimistic about this patch
being ready for committer very soon, so I think it would be good to keep it and
seeif we can get it committed in pg 15.  Note that some committers already
showed interest in the patch.