Re: do only critical work during single-user vacuum? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Justin Pryzby
Subject Re: do only critical work during single-user vacuum?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Feb 03, 2022 at 07:26:01PM -0800, Andres Freund wrote:
> Which reminds me: Perhaps we ought to hint about reducing / removing
> autovacuum cost limits in this situation? And perhaps make autovacuum absorb
> config changes while running? It's annoying that an autovac halfway into a
> huge table doesn't absorb changed cost limits for example.

I remembered this thread:

https://commitfest.postgresql.org/32/2983/

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/13A6B954-5C21-4E60-BC06-751C8EA469A0%40amazon.com
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/0A3F8A3C-4328-4A4B-80CF-14CEBE0B695D%40amazon.com