Re: pgsql: plperl: windows: Use Perl_setlocale on 5.28+, fixing compile fai - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Kyotaro Horiguchi
Subject Re: pgsql: plperl: windows: Use Perl_setlocale on 5.28+, fixing compile fai
Date
List pgsql-committers
At Sun, 30 Jan 2022 17:35:48 -0800, Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote in
> Hi,
>
> On 2022-01-31 00:44:39 +0000, Andres Freund wrote:
> > plperl: windows: Use Perl_setlocale on 5.28+, fixing compile failure.
> >
> > For older versions we need our own copy of perl's setlocale(), because it was
> > not exposed (why we need the setlocale in the first place is explained in
> > plperl_init_interp) . The copy stopped working in 5.28, as some of the used
> > macros are not public anymore.  But Perl_setlocale is available in 5.28, so
> > use that.
> >
> > Author: Victor Wagner <vitus@wagner.pp.ru>
> > Reviewed-By: Dagfinn Ilmari Mannsåker <ilmari@ilmari.org>
> > Discussion: https://postgr.es/m/20200501134711.08750c5f@antares.wagner.home
> > Backpatch: all versions
> >
> > Branch
> > ------
> > REL_14_STABLE
>
> I see this broke on everywhere but master. Looking.

Anyways, I can build on windows with this (even only on
master). Thanks for the work!

regards.

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi