Re: What are exactly bootstrap processes, auxiliary processes, standalone backends, normal backends(user sessions)? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: What are exactly bootstrap processes, auxiliary processes, standalone backends, normal backends(user sessions)?
Date
In response to Re: What are exactly bootstrap processes, auxiliary processes, standalone backends, normal backends(user sessions)?  (Bharath Rupireddy <bharath.rupireddyforpostgres@gmail.com>)
Responses Re: What are exactly bootstrap processes, auxiliary processes, standalone backends, normal backends(user sessions)?  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org>)
List pgsql-hackers
Thanks Bharath and Justin -- I think I took all the suggestions and made
a few other changes of my own.  Here's the result.

I'm not 100% happy with the historical note in "startup process", mostly
because it uses the word "name" three times too close to each other.
Didn't quickly see an obvious way to reword it to avoid that.

"Most hackers will be perfectly comfortable conceptualizing users as entropy
 sources, so let's move on."                               (Nathaniel Smith)

Attachment