Re: Moderation - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Stephen Frost
Subject Re: Moderation
Date
List pgsql-www
Greetings,

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/AS8PR04MB77191F86C4BD4759762E1B90A7FA9%40AS8PR04MB7719.eurprd04.prod.outlook.com

> is also hung in the queue.
>
> The common factor is that the subjects both start with 'RE(e):'.

The common factor is that they're cross-posted across multiple lists.
We've had issues with people essentially spraying across a bunch of
lists like -admin, -general and -hackers with one email and so we put
in a policy to moderate cross-posted emails.  There's a thread from back
in January 2019 about this and subsequent discussion in May of 2020,
probably the most relevant being:

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20200522174838.GT3418%40tamriel.snowman.net

I've tried to keep up with the moderation but I'd be just as happy for
people to stop doing quite so much cross-posting across multiple lists.
We've talked about having some kind of 'exclusion' list of posters who
are allowed to cross-post but that capability hasn't been implemented in
pglister at this point.

Thanks,

Stephen

Attachment