Re: ECPG bug fix: DECALRE STATEMENT and DEALLOCATE, DESCRIBE - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: ECPG bug fix: DECALRE STATEMENT and DEALLOCATE, DESCRIBE
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Aug 10, 2021 at 09:37:19AM +0200, Michael Meskes wrote:
> > I do think all committers need to understand the role of the RMT so
> > they
> > can respond appropriately.  Do we need to communicate this better?
>
> Being the one who assumed a different procedure, yes please. :)

I think my point was that committers should be required to understand
the RMT process, and if we need to communicate that better, let's do
that.  I don't think it should be the responsibility of RMT members to
communicate the RMT process every time they communicate with someone,
unless someone asks.