Re: ECPG bug fix: DECALRE STATEMENT and DEALLOCATE, DESCRIBE - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: ECPG bug fix: DECALRE STATEMENT and DEALLOCATE, DESCRIBE
Date
Re: ECPG bug fix: DECALRE STATEMENT and DEALLOCATE, DESCRIBE  (Michael Meskes <meskes@postgresql.org>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Aug  9, 2021 at 11:48:07PM +0200, Michael Meskes wrote:
> No, of course not. And sorry for not being precise enough, I only
> objected to the prediction part, but I agree, I take the objection
> back. I guess it's as difficult for Peter to understand why this is
> offensive as it is for me to not see it as such.

OK, good.

> > Let me be practical here --- the more someone has to be chased for a
> > reply, the less confidence they have in that person.  If the RMT
> > contacts you about something, and obviously they have had to take
> > usual
> > efforts to contact you, the more it is on you to give a full report
> > and
> > a timeline of when you will address the issue.  If they had to chase
> > you
> > around, and you gave them a short answer, the less confidence they
> > have
> > in this getting resolved in a timely manner.
>
> Again agreed, please keep in mind, though, that I didn't notice I was
> being chased until Peter's first email.

I was asked by the RMT to contact one of your employees, and I did, to
tell you that the RMT was looking for feedback from you on an ecpg
issue.  Not sure if that was before or after Peter's email.