Re: enable_resultcache confusion - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: enable_resultcache confusion
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Jul 12, 2021 at 11:47:27AM +1200, David Rowley wrote:
> On Mon, 12 Jul 2021 at 03:22, Justin Pryzby <pryzby@telsasoft.com> wrote:
> > |        This is useful if only a small percentage of rows is checked on
> > |        the inner side and is controlled by <xref
> > |        linkend="guc-enable-resultcache"/>.
>
> You might be right there, but I'm not too sure if I changed that that
> it might cause a mention of the rename to be missed in the changes
> since beta2 notes.

The commit will appear in the PG 14 git log, and someone will then see
the rename is part of the changes since the previous beta.  Also, when
the release notes "as of" date is updated, all commits since the
previous "as of" date will be reviewed.  Yes, someone might try to
update the release notes for this change and see it was already done,
but that is easily handled.