Re: DNS lookup for git.postgresql.org - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: DNS lookup for git.postgresql.org
Date
List pgsql-www
On Wed, Jun 30, 2021 at 06:00:28PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> IME, things work just well enough that it takes awhile to realize that
> they aren't entirely okay.  It took me a few months after upgrading to
> RHEL8 to make the connection between occasional (maybe one-in-a-thousand)
> mail failures and not having bind set up with "-4".  I don't know whether
> the previous setup avoided that because older bind defaulted differently
> or because there was some change in kernel configuration.

Agreed.  The failures were very rare, but you know me, I had to dig into
it to find the cause.  ;-)  I would see occasional Firefox page load
failures, but once my cron job occasionally failed, I now had a way to
find the root cause.