Re: Even more OT: Ditto machines [was: bottom / top posting] - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: Even more OT: Ditto machines [was: bottom / top posting]
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thu, Jun 10, 2021 at 01:52:24PM -0700, Dean Gibson (DB Administrator) wrote:
> Tom mentioned "old-timers."  Remember "Ditto" machines?  Remember the odor?
> They were in common use when I was in high school (1960).
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mimeograph

Yeah, everyone at school would smell the stack of papers as they passed
them back.  When I realized it was methanol and isopropanol that made me
like the smell, I realied how much chemicals could affect my behavior.