Re: Unresolved repliaction hang and stop problem. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Unresolved repliaction hang and stop problem.
Date
List pgsql-hackers

https://www.postgresql-archive.org/Logical-replication-CPU-bound-with-TRUNCATE-DROP-CREATE-many-tables-tt6155123.html
> > with a fix being rolled out in 13.2.
>
> The fix for the problem discussed in the above threads is committed
> only in PG-14, see [1]. I don't know what makes you think it is fixed
> in 13.2. Also, it is not easy to back-patch that because this fix
> depends on some of the infrastructure introduced in PG-14.
>
> [1] - https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=commitdiff;h=d7eb52d7181d83cf2363570f7a205b8eb1008dbc

Hmm ... On what does it depend (other than plain git conflicts, which
are aplenty)?  On a quick look to the commit, it's clear that we need to
be careful in order not to cause an ABI break, but that doesn't seem
impossible to solve, but I'm wondering if there is more to it than that.

--
Álvaro Herrera                            39°49'30"S 73°17'W