Re: Feature improvement: can we add queryId for pg_catalog.pg_stat_activity view? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: Feature improvement: can we add queryId for pg_catalog.pg_stat_activity view?
Date
Re: Feature improvement: can we add queryId for pg_catalog.pg_stat_activity view?  (Julien Rouhaud <rjuju123@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Apr  7, 2021 at 08:57:26PM +0800, Julien Rouhaud wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 07, 2021 at 06:15:27PM +0530, Nitin Jadhav wrote:
> >
> > I feel we should merge both of the conditions as it is done in
> > pgstat_report_xact_timestamp(). Probably we can write a common comment to
> > explain both the conditions.
> >
> > [...]
> >
> > Thanks for the explanation. Please add a comment explaining why there is no
> > loop.
>
> PFA v24.

Patch applied.  I am ready to adjust this with any improvements people
might have.  Thank you for all the good feedback we got on this, and I
know many users have waited a long time for this feature.